Q. How long does the bathtub refinishing process take?
– Our refinishing process typically only takes 4- 5 hours to complete. Your bathtub will usually be ready to use within another 1 to 12 hours after that, depending on factors like ambient temperatures and humidity. Why wait days or even weeks for a contractor to replace your bathtub when you can get the same results in only 24 hours?
Q. How long will my bathtub last?
– The durability of a bathtub refinished by PBRA members is very similar to that of a brand new bathtub. If properly maintained and no abrasive chemicals are used for cleaning it will last you many years just as a brand new bathtub would.
Q. How do I care for and clean my refinished bathtub?
– Refinished bathtubs are often easier to clean than the original product. Make sure you use mild, non- abrasive cleaning products. Just as with a new bathtub, the finish or shine can be dulled by abrasive cleaners.
Q. Will my refinished bathtub look like it has been painted?
– This is a common myth in the bathtub refinishing industry. Your bathtub will not look like it was painted, since the material we use is more like a coating than a paint. In fact, our technicians pride themselves on the fact that it is quite difficult for an untrained eye to tell the difference between a brand new bathtub and one that has been refinished by a PBRA certified Company.
Q. Do you repair cracks, chips, and scratches in my bathtub?
– Our technicians will fill in any chips or other imperfections in your bathtub or other surface prior to the refinishing process, making your damaged porcelain, acrylic, or fiberglass surface as good as new.
Q. Can you refinish a tub that has been already refinished?
– Yes, a tub that has been refinished before can be refinished again a PBRA member will strip and clean the tub before we refinish it so the old coatings are removed